Maine MultiCultural Center Program Manager
The Maine MultiCultural Center (MMCC) is a nonprofit organization formed in 2016 to help make Bangor a welcoming place for all. To date MMCC’s work has been dependent on the volunteer efforts of its Board of Directors and of the members of its various standing committees. MMCC is now seeking it’s first full time Program Manager who will work closely with the Executive Director to coordinate the activities of the Welcoming Immigrant Neighbors (WIN) Program and coordinate volunteers.
We are a network of educational, business, and cultural stakeholders designed to promote community and economic growth by attracting, retaining, supporting, and integrating people of diverse cultures and backgrounds to the greater Bangor community.
MMCC employs two basic strategies to achieve its mission: 1) community outreach and education to help create a hospitable environment for new Mainers and to celebrate the diversity that already exists within the community; and 2) referral services that assist new Mainers in accessing the resources and training they need to successfully integrate into the community.
This is a grant funded position whose continuation beyond the current funding period is dependent upon successful funding renewal.
- Connect immigrants to resources and services that meet their logistical needs and are sensitive to their cultural backgrounds.
- Facilitate integration of international workers sought by private businesses in fields such as healthcare, education, technology, manufacturing, hospitality, call centers, etc.
- Recruit and manage volunteers.
- Track data pertaining to individuals served, services rendered, and volunteer activities.
- Help connect individuals dealing with immigration regulations (e.g., non-immigrant F and J visa holders) to appropriate legal services.
- Help connect international students and scholars dealing with immigration regulations to appropriate legal services.
- Coordinate activities to engage and welcome international newcomers to the many positive features and opportunities in the Bangor region.
- Work in coordination with other racial & ethnic groups to promote multicultural events and appreciation for cultural diversity.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience managing volunteers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills, including timely submission of project reports.
- Experience working collaboratively with immigrants, and familiarity with the challenges that immigrants face as they resettle in a new community.
- Familiarity with local resources and services from which immigrants might likely benefit.
- Familiarity with and commitment to upholding diversity, equity, and inclusion principles.
- Collaborative work style and proven ability to develop productive partnerships.
Send a cover letter, resume, and name and contact information for three references to: Pamela Proulx- Curry at firstname.lastname@example.org Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.